Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Haul

So, this year was not so bad. The snow outside made it really feel like Christmas. My British mother was too afraid to go out in it. Her years in Houston have made her a weather wuss. I ended up sliding over to First Chinese BBQ and we dined on duck. I'm not complaining. That darn duck is so good, you will suck it off the bones.

Anyway, the presents came in fast and furious.

Mom gave me:
A bunch of cash
The book Kitty Wigs. ITS FABULOUS. I had written her 3 months ago that if she loved me she would get me it for Christmas. I guess she got the memo.
Tickets to a couple of shows at the Dallas Theater Center

My sister gave me:
A painting of my kitty cat Penny she did from a photo. Its so sweet. Its my favorite picture of Penny (aka Grand Master P). I need to get it framed.

My dad gave me:
A gift card to jcrew. Wasn't expecting that. Even on sale, I only got a dress and a shirt.

My friend Cherry gave me:
A kitten calendar (does anyone else see a theme here?)
A great pair of earrings
A wonderful smelly candle

Not bad. I'll take it.

So, I think this was what I needed. One more week and the year is done.

1 comment:

Laura said...

First Chinese BBQ in Arlington? I've never had their duck. But the stuff I have had.... MMMMM....