Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Roller coaster ride

I was having lunch with a friend today, and they reminded me of something I had told them this summer. I had said how much I loved my life. I went on about how great it was.

How can six months make such a difference?

I guess he brought it up because I just kept saying how I wanted this year to be over and how bad it was. The last two months have just been hard. And lately I've just been thinking.

Is this the life I want. Do I want to be married to my job? Do I want kids? Ok, I know the answer to that one, but I don't appear in anyway to be trying to get there.

I get all moody and down.

And then Violet comes up and crawls into my lap for a cuddle.

Really, this year hasn't been so bad. I need to get over the bad stuff and move on. Good things are about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have so much to be thankful for. It's funny how one bad thing can ruin 20 good things. I have to keep reminding myself to focus on the positive. Easier said than done.