Friday, December 11, 2009

Getting Into the Holidays

Even though I don't have a single decoration up in my house nor the slightest thought of putting them up anytime in the near future, the rest of the world has gone whole hog into the holiday spirit. This includes my office. We had our holiday happy hour last night, and today my little group has our holiday luncheon.

I was good and went out Wednesday night to buy my Dirty Santa gift. I don't want to be banished for bad gift giving. So, I did what everyone else does: go to Goody Goody or Siegels and buy $20 worth of liquor. I am not quite sure what that says about my job that all of us give and get liquor at the holidays.

My first year, I got a bottle of red wine. I only noticed after the fact that a note was written on it "To Bill, happy holidays xxxx". Regifting is not very holidayish of people. I felt bad for the bottle of wine and drank it.

The next year I got a bottle of Asti. I'm just not even gonna comment on that one.

The next year I got a picture frame. Someone did not get the "only bring liquor" memo.

So, I've had two off years. I think if the universe is fair, I should be unwrapping a nice bottle of Gray Goose at about noon.

No comments: